Friday 7 March 2014

Tobermory 10yo (OB)

Spicy Saké


Bought me a bottle in Portree (yes, I know, it's on the isle of the Talisker single malt) a couple of weeks ago, but only opened it now, had to try a few others first.
http://www.maltmadness.com/whisky/tobermory.html




The Whiskies

http://www.luxuriousdrinks.com/en/whisky-tobermory-10yo-07l-schotland.html

Nose: well what can I say: when I opened the bottle, I was surprised that the first scents that reached my nose were not those that I generally associate with a whisky,it actually reminded me more of Saké.
With a second, proper, nosing that same saké sent became an undertone, but still very present, overall the nose is fairly light, some barley, yes, spices, grinded pepper to be more specific. Nothing special, except for that strange Saké smell.

Taste: oily, dried fruits, maybe a hints of cinnamon and salt with whiffs of smoke, but well saturated with spices. Some other reviews claimed that it has a long finish, I tend to disagree; my experience is rather short and light but that peppery taste does hang around in your mouth for quite some time.



Overall not a bad malt, but not really my taste. Overall judgement may be a bit harsh, but I expected much more from this islander

Score: 72